Reopening businesses during the pandemic is a complex and challenging task. Businesses have to grapple with many variables to ensure they do not put their employees, customers, or the wider community at risk. Salesforce’s new Work.com platform offers resources for businesses and communities to reopen safely. Deploying work.com keeps employees, customers, and other stakeholders safe and allows business owners to make informed decisions to overcome the crisis.
Work.com aggregates live data from various streams and offers a host of intuitive tools. Enterprises leverage such data in powerful and innovative ways to reopen safety and seamlessly. Businesses using these resources to make informed decisions and respond to the crisis effectively.
SEE: How Cloud Enables Businesses to Survive during the COVID-19 Crisis
The work.com command center is a central console for business managers to execute the return-to-work strategy. The “single pane of glass” offered by the command center allow business managers to:
- Aggregate data from various sources to manage the complexities associated with the reopening. Businesses may leverage employee wellness data, shift schedules, or survey results. They may, for instance, create and disseminate safety communications to employees.
- Manage the aggregated data well. For instance, real-time public data from the Tableau COVID-19 data hub combined with contact tracing data shows clearly the vulnerability of employees, by location.
- Customise the data and dashboards to fit specific needs. The business may customise and trigger workflows, apps, and actions for resuming operations.
Reopening the business in the aftermath of a pandemic requires building trust and confidence-building measures. Alleviating employee and customer concerns is important to build trust and confidence. The command center offers managers real-time and relevant information to do exactly that.
The Contract tracing resources at work.com enable manual tracing of contacts. The platform collects data of users’ exposure to infectious settings. Visual maps of contacts and locations identify potential interactions with affected persons.
The platform allows employers to:
- Collect employee health-related information, in compliance with the legal requirements of different jurisdictions.
- Trace interactions of employees with infected persons, across offices, meetings and other locales. Businesses identify points of the transmission through such trace and track.
- Take prompt follow-up actions. Real-time insights of employee interactions enable prompt countermeasures, such as quarantining or testing.
- Address barriers to worker health and productivity. The platform identifies potential obstacles to wellness and productivity that inhibit business continuity.
Sync of contact tracing information to the command center improves the return-to-work readiness assessment. The business may reopen with confidence, knowing that they are not putting their employees or customers at risk.
Emergency Response Management
The emergency response management module offers a suite of tools to manage contingencies.
The solution offers a single view of help requests and approvals. The information empowers emergency field workers to act with alacrity. They can speed up local stabilization and relief works and resolve incidents fast.
- Allows the enterprise to mobilize and prioritize resources quickly to support the community. Businesses may deliver prompt care to employees and others affected by coronavirus or other illnesses.
- Streamlines program management capabilities through information sharing and employee coordination.
- Infuses speed and efficiency to the enterprise emergency response capabilities. The suite improves coordination and speeds up responsiveness. Enterprises become ready to deliver effective service during critical emergencies within days.
The employee wellness module allows the enterprise to make sense of employee health, safety, and workplace preparedness data.
It allows the business to:
- Gather relevant data and track employee and visitor health, without compromising privacy. The intuitive dashboards generate insights drilled down by geography and health status.
- Create and conduct employee health surveys to monitor wellness trends.
- The collected data allows managers and leaders to make informed reopening strategies.
The employee wellness module allows the business to sustain the reopening. Keeping track of stakeholder wellness is critical to prevent disruption of operations or a relapse into shutdown. An infected employee could trigger sudden closure of the premises and give a considerable negative image to the business.
Some realities facing employers reopening their businesses are redesigned workspaces for physical and social distancing, reduced office capacity, staggered working hours, and controlled elevator capacity. The shift management module allows enterprises to manage such “new normal.”
The module allows employers to:
- Coordinate management communication focusing on safety, security, and efficiency.
- Ensure social distancing through staggered employee arrivals. Schedule notifications on the arrival and departure time for each employee. Confirmation functionality takes care of enforcement.
- Enable split shifts to reduce office density.
- Manage site capacity better to ensure spatial distancing. Shift managers may specify which employee work in which project, and on which days.
While the shutdown was fast, reopening businesses is not like flipping a switch. The reopening has to be in phases, and this requires reimagining the workforce. The shift management module of work.com allows seamless reopening with effortless scale-up.
Reopening the business requires re-skilling employees, to familiarise and equip them with new ways of working. The re-skilling tools in work.com:
- Co-opts the Salesforce Trailhead learning platform, to deliver digital learning for employees. Work.com enhances Trailhead with pre-built content to speed up employee re-learning.
- Offer pre-built templates, access to wellness content, and other resources, enabling enterprises to hit the ground running.
The plug-in to the work.com command center offers insights and updates on the employee learning process.
Volunteer and Grants Management
The volunteer and grants management component make grant management and emergency responsiveness efficient. The module can:
- Streamline end-to-end grants management process, from application to disbursal, and beyond.
- Make volunteer coordination easy. It enables digital sign up and automates scheduling. Push notifications and reminders ensure volunteers perform the right activity at the right time.
- Make post-grant process visible. Enterprises understand the impact of their grant or interventions.
Grants management, volunteer coordination, and emergency responsiveness help enterprises manage the social and health impact of the pandemic well.
Work.com allows enterprises to leverage information in powerful ways to protect the stakeholders. The COVID-19 situation is extremely fluid, with data changing by the minute. Work.com allows the business to stay on top, with live, relevant data and real-time insights. Businesses find it a valuable arsenal in their fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.